Hoover: Oranda
He had ick when I bought him. He also had a ammonia scar that looked like an eyebrow. After his treatment, he was nearly all black. As he healed, the black went away and he is now entirely orange. Growth pimples when the new orandas were introduced. His wen is so squishable!
Dyson: Black Moor
Not really black. His brood came out bronze and I love it. I've seen much, much darker moors than him. Nearly perfect tail, but has a permanent crease on lower caudal. He's the most affectionate during water changes. All the others shy away from my hand.
Bissell: Ryukin
He replaced Oreck, another calico ryukin that passed away the day after purchase. I consider him to be the smartest out of all of my fish. He is usually the first to reach the food. His tail malformed. It doesn't fan out, but more so points down. He swims around just fine though. His hump has matured and protrudes more. Hes so handsome!
A rescue from a woman in weird place in VA. Has his lazy days where he spends most of his time on the bottom. Perks up when its feeding time. He is absolutely stunning and I'm so proud I can provide him with a bigger crib! He's seriously the most baller fish ever. I did not name him, the previous owner did. I am his 3rd owner.
Lewis: Oranda
Rescue #2. Previous owner warned me of his "floaty" problems. It's been acting up lately, but Lewis loves peas=problem solved. He has such a fatty wen and it STILL gets growth pimples. I'm convinced that Lewis is the reason Hoover is finally growing a stronger wen. Pretty much a perfect fish. I'm glad I can provide good homes for them. Still can't get over them living in a 20 gal for 2 years and they still managed to get this huge.
Grumpy : Stonefish
Not my fish, but he lives at the Baltimore Aquarium. He is terrifying.
First day together after two week quarantine. (55gal)


No comments:
Post a Comment